Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Signs of Fall


Hello, my creative friends! Julie here today from Muddy Paws & Inky Fingers. The signs of Fall are everywhere -- cooler temperatures, falling leaves, geese flying over.  The inspiration for this card happened on the last motorcycle ride of the season (always a sad affair, putting the Harley away for the winter).  A male pheasant strutted across the road, forcing us to slow almost to a stop.  At the time, I was trying to think of an idea for my husband's birthday card.  Aha! I thought to myself, "he LOVES pheasants!"  I was also inspired by the beauty of the turning leaves on that ride.  So, I combined the two themes into one card:

The hardest part of the card was finding a pheasant stamp. I found this one -- it's a digi.  I colored the stamped image with Copic Markers, then fussy cut it.  The leaves are also stamped.  After stamping them, I colored the images with various Creative Inspirations Paints, then fussy cut them.  The green leaf was stamped with Olive ink, then painted with Green Olive CIP.  The red leaf was stamped with Barn Red ink, then painted with CIP Rustic Red (on sale!!!). The orange leaf was stamped with Terracotta ink, then painted with CIP Raw Sienna (on sale!!).
I just love the shimmer and shine in this paint!
You've spent enough time admiring my pheasant, go get some of that Creative Inspirations Paint that's on sale! There's 4 colors of the month, all at a whopping 33% off.  If you haven't tried these paints, there's no better time.  I PROMISE you won't be disappointed!
Make sure to visit the blog again tomorrow (and everyday) for more inspiration.  And, don't forget to enter our current challenge, "Inspired by: Thanksgiving".



 



4 comments:

Tina said...

What a great card! Love the details!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card love the colors you used!

MONICA said...

Love the colors. Great card.

Emily D. said...

Beautiful card!!!