Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

♪♪ It's beginning to sound a lot like Christmas! ♪♪

Hello and Happy Tuesday!  Tina here today with a project that will get you in the holiday spirit!

I can't believe Christmas is only a month away.  It seems like Summer was just yesterday!

Tags are one of my favorite, 'no-brainer', easy projects.  I could spend all day creating one tag after another.  They are so fun and so easy, they are a great way to try new product or experiment with new techniques.



I started my tags with an ombre painted effect, using a favorite star stencil.  Starting with my darkest color on the top of each tag, I used 4 greenish hue's to complete my background.
{Hint:  I used a cosmetic sponge to apply the paint to the tag.  Lots of control and you can cut the end off when you are done with one color to use on the next.}


Once my paint was dry, I layered holiday themed die-cuts, tags, and fun embellishments.





I also love to color my embellishments to match the colors of my project.  I have colored my ribbon with stains and inks in the past, but wanted to see if it would work with CI paints.  It did!  Beautifully!

I sprayed my ribbon with water, then dipped my fingertips into the lightest color first.  I randomly rubbed the ribbon with this color, then repeated with 2 additional colors.  Once I was happy with the color, I crinkled the ribbon into a ball and dried with my heat gun.  Once it was dry, the beautiful shimmer from the paint looked gorgeous on my new custom-made ribbon.  I will definitely be trying this technique again!


That's all for today!  I hope this inspired you to create something for the holiday!  We would love to see your creations!






5 comments:

Julie Odil said...

I love your vintage tags, but the ribbon really SHINES!

Emily D. said...

Fantastic Tina!!! Love these!!!

Karen Petitt said...

These are gorgeous tags - I want the green paints! tfs xx

DIANA L. said...

Super adorable goodie bags.

Unknown said...

Beautiful tags!