Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Fall Bliss ...

November in New York is when the leaves are almost all gone and we are settling in for a long winter. Soon, the leaves on the ground will be covered in snow, and all the beautiful colors of autumn will be a memory. Fall is my favorite season with the balmy weather, bright colors and time of harvest! I've created this card with these thoughts in mind! ~Enjoy~!


My leaves are from Spellbinders® Fall Foliage dies, and are cut from ivory cardstock, then painted with various mixtures of paints including: Burnt Clay, Pumpkin, Raw Sienna, Rustic Red, Emerald, Green Olive and Sunshine. Once dry, I used the cracked glass technique, then rubbed it with green ink to highlight the cracks. I layered them on an embossed background, attached a twine bow, tiny twigs and a fall sentiment to finish the card.

Have a blessed and creative day! ~ Darsie


Each 1st Monday we will now be sharing 4 Creative Inspiration Paint Colors of the Month and those colors will be on sale for the entire month at 33% off of the original price! For this month the colors for the Fall Season are Burnt Clay, Pumpkin, Raw Sienna and Rustic Red!

I've used these colors on my card:

I also used these additional colors: Emerald, Green Olive and Sunshine

4 comments:

Julie Odil said...

Those leaves are spectacular! Well, the card is spectacular, but I'm in love with the leaves!

Lucy E. said...

Those leaves are gorgeous!!! Great technique!

Unknown said...

Very pretty card!!

Emily D. said...

Wow Darcie... those leaves are AMAZING!!!