Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Colors of Nature, Canvas

Hi!  Tina here today with another CIP project, with colors inspired by the Fall and Thanksgiving time.


I began my canvas by adding several colors of orange and red to by background, misting with water and mixing together to create a wash.   




Using the same stamp (three times), I stamped the image to a piece of tissue paper.  I applied the stamped tissue paper to the canvas with matte medium and let dry completely.  (this was a great tip I learned from the fantastically creative Dina Wakley).  This is a great way to add a stamped image to a project without fear of a mis-stamp.  

Using the stamp as a guide, I colored in the flowers and stems with several colors of CIP.  





 

I outlined the image(s) with a doodling pen, and added depth by shading with an oil pastel crayon.


I wanted more texture and interest to my background, so I ran my fingers through a Watermark Ink Pad and  rubbed them on the surface of the canvas.  I loosely applied embossing powder and heat embossed.

You can see some of the texture near my sentiment in this picture.


And that is it!  This project only took a couple of hours and it is something that can be displayed year round!  

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great week!


3 comments:

Julie Odil said...

Fantastic! I love the idea of using tissue paper for a safe stamping. Very cool!

Unknown said...

Very beautiful! Love all the color's!

Emily D. said...

This is sooooooooooo pretty!!! Love those flowers!!!!