Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Monday, November 11, 2013

Autumn is Here

Hello Creative Inspirations Paint friends! Emily here today with a piece of a project that I am currently in the process of working on. I wanted to share this piece with you because it IS complete, (this will go on a much larger canvas with other elements) and is full of the CIP Colors of the Month.  

The colors this month are: 






The colors were such a great representation of autumn colors that you see this time of year in nature, that I had to use them on my Autumn tree.... 




As I stated earlier, I plan on putting this tree on a larger canvas. The canvas will have a tree for every season. I wanted the tree to have a face, to symbolize Mother Nature. I am in the process of working on my other trees. 

The tree is a page from the Tree Album by Genuinely Jane Studios. I covered the upper portion of the tree with Modeling Paste, placed my clay face in the center, and once it dried, covered it all with Distress Stain in Rusty Hinge. As the Modeling Paste was drying, I colored some Sticky Back canvas in Raw Sienna, Pumpkin, Rustic Red and Burnt Clay


(You can see that wonderful CIP shimmer on her face and on the leaves... the colors for this month look awesome when mixed together and layered on one another. They literally look like leaves on the trees this time of year that have turned those lovely, rich autumn colors we all love!) 

I cut the canvas into leaf shapes and adhered them on the tree around the face. It looks a bit like the sun. Before I finished adding the leaves to the lower portion, I used some Chocolate CI Paint mixed with some crackle medium on the trunk, and up into the leaves a bit. 



To finish off the piece, I used the four Colors of the Month paints around the remaining parts of the leafy parts of my tree so that they all would blend together with the leaves. It needed to flow a little more than it was. 

Alone the tree is pretty, but I know it will look much better once it is with it's fellow seasons. :) 

Don't forget that the four Paints of the Month are 33% off the entire month! That's some great savings on top of already fantastic prices!! 

See the sale paints and the rest of the collection HERE

Enjoy your day! 





4 comments:

Julie Odil said...

Fantastic, Emily! I can't wait to see it all together!

Tina said...

Seriously love.

MONICA said...

wow Emily...AmAzInG!!! I love the texture and colors of this. Cannot wait to see the canvas with all of your awesome tree's...this is truly inspiring to me...Thank you so much
x0x0x
Monica

Unknown said...

Very pretty! Love it!