Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Autumn Birthday Cards


Hello, CIP friends.  Julie here today from Muddy Paws & Inky Fingers. Today, I have two birthday cards I made using Creative Inspirations Paint to share with you. They both use the same technique:
 
 
I started with a white cardstock base.  I used some mists to add some color splatters to the stark white.  Then, I stamped the  leaf stamps randomly on the paper.  I used some ink colors that would match the paints I wanted to use and stamped with those, including the sentiment. I then went to work with my paint colors, and painted the leaves, using it more like a wash, just to get the shimmer.  I used Creative Inspirations Paint in Rustic Red (on sale!), Green Olive, Pumpkin (on sale!), and Burnt Clay (on sale!).
 




 
Here's another angle of the first card to better show the shimmer...
 
 
I placed a few sparkles from my stash on the card, too, to add a little bling.  This card was one of my husband's birthday cards last month.  He loved it!
His sisters' birthday is a couple weeks after his, and we got together to celebrate them both. Here's the card I gave to her:
 
 
I used the exact same technique on this card, only stamping the random leaves a little differently, and using pearls instead of rhinestones. Don't you love the leaves in the background?  That was our backyard about a month ago.  All the leaves are gone now. :(   Winter's coming.
Here's a view of the shimmer...
 
 
I LOVE this paint! If you haven't tried it yet, you need to treat yourself.  With the sale colors, now's the perfect time!
For more details about this card, and to see what else I've been creating, please visit my blog.



8 comments:

Lucy E. said...

Beautiful cards, Julie!

Laura Cox {aka scrapaddict} said...

Julie....these are so pretty.....love the shimmer of these paints!

SharonDoesBaskets said...

LOVE these cards & your lovely fall tree background, too! :D Now I want some of those shimmery paints!! ;)

Brenda Lapp said...

As usual your cards are gorgeous.

Karen Petitt said...

Beautifully painted leaves making a gorgeous card. I received my pot of paint - thank you very much, am looking forward to playing with it!

DIANA L. said...

absolutely gorgeous Julie I love all the different designs and textures.

Unknown said...

Very pretty card! Love the stamps you used!

Emily D. said...

This is wonderful... I love seeing all of the shimmer when it's at an angle!!