Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Friday, November 8, 2013

All Hearts Come Home



Happy Friday everyone!!!
I was feeling the Spirit of Christmas tapping me on my shoulder this week and decided to create a tag in a Christmas theme. My son lives too far away to be home for Christmas this year but I know his heart is always here, and mine with him....that is my inspiration for this tag. 

Here is a shot of the elements before I put the tag together...


The background on the tag is a gelli print that was originally done by the amazing Denise Phillips and sent to me as a swap gift. I brushed Sky Blue over the entire tag which brought out just the shimmer I was looking for, and I love that its transparent to still see the original print.

And the finished tag...
























The house is heavy cardstock that I first painted with Blush, then I used a heavy modeling paste and a stencil for some texture. I painted the paste after it dried, first with Sage, then over that with Mint.

The roof is just corrugated cardboard, painted with Chocolate, then highlights of Burnt Sienna. The snow on the ledge of the roof is a paper doily edge painted with Winter Frost.

The tree was just free hand cut from scrapbooking paper and painted with Spring Green, and the Star is painted with Bright Yellow. I sewed around the edges of the tree, and also the tag, then glued little plastic Christmas tree lights onto the tree.

I used the Deliquesce Super Sparkle Pink on the door and the heart. This is the first chance I have had to use the Deliquesce and I LOVE IT...

I doodled on the print of the tag and the house with a white gel pen then just glued everything down.

Here are the colors I used.


















Hope this gets you in the mood for the upcoming Holiday's. 
x0x0x
Monica

4 comments:

Julie Odil said...

Oh my, Monica. This is brilliant!

Tina said...

Love tags and this one has great details!

Emily D. said...

This is so awesome Monica!!! Love love love!!

Denise Phillips said...

Wow! a Fabulous tag as always Monica, you make the best tags around! And Thank you for the shout out, so kind of you! Congrats on being on the Design Team! They picked a wonderful artist with you :)