Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Friday, November 22, 2013

A Shabby Christmas Banner

Hello everyone. Monica here with  my project for this week. I wanted to make a banner to hang on the mirror over my fireplace and I wanted it to be shabby to go with my decor.

I started with burlap and heavy card stock. After cutting the burlap base, I cut the card stock smaller than the burlap, then crumpled it in my hand. I painted two coats of Creative Inspirations Tan for the base. After it dried I used Tim Holtz vintage photo with the blending tool over the high spots on the wrinkled paper, then some soot to bring out more depth. I then used a paper punch to achieve the lace look edging and used my fingers to cover that with white Gesso, then highlites of Creative Inspirations Ivory.

I sewed the paper to the burlap, this was a challenge. Burlap is not easy to sew on but I was determined.

I then stamped the circular lace onto cardstock with Tim Holtz vintage photo, then cut out the edges and center and sewed it to the burlap and paper banner piece.





















The blue in the middle lace stamp is painted with Creative Inspirations Turquoise, which I then stamped over with white gesso to bring out the detail. Lightly rubbed some vintage photo over that to give it a more vintage look. The typewriter key letters are just printed from online.












I dry brushed the flower trim with the Tim Holtz Vintage Photo then brushed over that with the Creative Inspirations Tan...













As always, the shimmer on these pieces is amazing and I love how it all turned out.



























Thanks for stopping by today. Hope your Holiday's are filled with Joy!!
Monica

4 comments:

Julie Odil said...

What a wonderful vintage piece for the holidays! I'd love to see the sparkle and shimmer IRL!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous banner!!
Love it!!

DIANA L. said...

Monica this is beautiful.

Emily D. said...

Monica, this is absolutely gorgeous!! I would hang it in my home for sure..