Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Monday, November 25, 2013

A Grungy Butterfly


Hi friends! I don't know about you, but this week is going to be super busy for my family! Since Thanksgiving is on Thursday, we will be doing some traveling the day before to go see my fiance's family in Ohio. I always look forward to these trips! Since this week is going to be busy, I was able to get some projects done this weekend, and today's project is one of them. I am so pleased with the way this turned out. I can't wait to share it with my LSS, where it will be displayed. :) 

I decided to go grungy for this canvas, with lots of textures, including fabric, metal, pastes and of course, Creative Inspirations Paint on this... 


The canvas was covered with Tim Holtz Eclectic Elements Fabric. I used some CI Paints in Antique Gold and Antique Copper on the sides and front. Using a stencil and some Viva Decor Ferro in Graphite, I added the circles to the corners and sides. My butterfly is a page from the Genuinely Jane Studios Butterfly Album that I used more Graphite Ferro on using a Brick Stencil. I painted the empty spaces in the butterfly and it's sides using Creative Inspirations Onyx Paint. I added Antique Silver to each brick and dry brushed more Onyx back over the bricks for an aged look. 


I've been completely in love with the Patina look, and using some Sea Foam over the Antique Gold, I was able to create a slight faux patina look. It isn't perfect, but it looks fine for what I was going for. You can see it better in the photo below:


To add to the grunge look, I threw on some gears and the key hole to the butterfly. I brushed Onyx over them as well. 


I hope you've found inspiration in my canvas today! 

Enjoy your week and have a wonderful Thanksgiving! 

www.emilyhammann.com




5 comments:

Gertrude said...

WOW, das gefällt mir aber sehr gut
lg gertrude

Julie Odil said...

Very cool, grungy, wonderful canvas ART!

DIANA L. said...

Beautiful Emily I love the seafoam green, it really gives it the great look. Thanks for sharing your amzing project.

Tina said...

Stunning! Really love what you have done!

Unknown said...

Very pretty! Love all the details! I love using that stencil on chipboard too!! :)