Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Friday, November 29, 2013

A Barrow of Blessings

Hi everyone, Julie here today from Muddy Paws & Inky Fingers hoping you had a great Thanksgiving yesterday (American friends). We have much to be thankful for, don't we?

We spent yesterday noon having Thanksgiving dinner with my father at the assisted living facility where he lives. My father was a carpenter by trade and spent many hours taking care of his yard when he wasn't working.  His yard became even more important to him after he retired.  I wanted to make him a little something to have on the table that he could share with his table mates and friends. With that in mind, I found what I thought would be the perfect Thanksgiving table décor:
 
 
I had this idea for a wheelbarrow, and looked around until I found what I wanted.  This is a wheelbarrow treat box.  You can see it's been embellished with leaves painted with Creative Inspirations Paint. Here's a view of the other side.
 
 
  The leaves started out white. I painted the die cut leaves with Creative Inspirations Paint to give them those beautiful Fall colors and shine. I used a variety of different Creative Inspirations Paints on the leaves -- Burnt Clay (on sale), Autumn Wheat, Sunshine, and Pumpkin (on sale).
 
Here's a little peek into the box...
 
And, one more view, showing you how big the box is:
 
 
My father and his friends had plenty of candy to munch on all Thanksgiving afternoon!
I hope you enjoyed one more Thanksgiving project before we rush headlong into Christmas.  Hang on tight, it'll be a whirlwind month!




3 comments:

Tina said...

So adorable!

Unknown said...

Very fun and adorable!
What a fun idea!!

DIANA L. said...

Beautiful I love how this barrel came out and the candy inside is super cool. Great colors.