Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Monday, November 21, 2011

Light Switch Cover Fun

Recently, I was inspired by a tutorial online to alter a light switch covers!  I obviously instantly thought of my Create Inspirations Paint!  How fun it would be to create a shimmery light switch cover with some bling for my little girl's bedroom!

The plain, boring light switch cover:

I used Mod Podge to cover the light switch cover and then added tissue paper over it and added a little more Mod Podge.

I then used CI Paint "Tickled Pink" to cover the cover.
 I painted it with two coats.

I then used a sponge to sponge "Tutu Pink" on the cover.

 Lastly, I added some bling!  I used some of the jeweled clear inspirations from CI!  In sizes SS30 and SS20, along with some smaller ones from my stash.
The finished light switch, just love at that BLING!

 Now replaced in her bedroom!
It was so fun and easy to make!  Perfect for her bedroom!  She always says "Petty" meaning pretty!

Have a great day!

10 comments:

patty said...

wow, it´s great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Creative Inspirations said...

Very cool, this will be a must when I start working on my craft room again.

Dawnll said...

Oh how fun is this!
I love the color and the bling.
Thanks for sharing sweetie

Kassi said...

how fun! (I also love that she has bright green walls!!!! makes me smile)

Anonymous said...

very creative :X so beautiful :)

xoxoxo
Asian Girl
Very Cute Asian Girl - girlcute4u.blogspot.com
----------------
Free Desktop Wallpaper - 9-wallpapers.blogspot.com

Irit Shalom said...

Just lovely! Great that our paint works on plastic too..

~Carla said...

Perfect for a girl's room! So cute!

Unknown said...

What a fun idea!

BarbaraW said...

What a perfect cover for a girl's room. The paint and the bling go so well together.

Kianel said...

What a fun way to use your paints Kendra!
Love from France, Kianel.