Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Fruity Inchie Magnets

Hey everyone. Carole here. Have you ever needed something quick and easy to add to a small gift or to jump start your mojo? Well, I needed a quick pick-me-up for myself, so I made some little inchie magnets for my fridge. I thought it might be fun to use parts of some larger stamps (by Unity) instead of using my dedicated inchie stamps, so I only inked up parts of them at a time before stamping. The larger the stamp, the less of it you need to ink. For the cherry, I did ink nearly the entire thing.

Once I had compositions I liked, I painted them with Chocolate, Garnet, Evergreen, and Green Olive CI Paints.
It's pretty easy to see the sparkle and shimmer, although I do wish the photo had been clearer. It was either get the details of the cherry, or get the glimmer of the paint. I went with the sparkle. These little guys make me smile when I see them holding up coupons or the latest grocery receipt. Hope you all have a wonderful week.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Carole, these are beautiful! I've been wanting to try some inchies but haven't yet. You've inspired me to give it a go. Hugs, Sarah

BarbaraW said...

Pretty magnets. They are so cheery.

~ Kendra ~ said...

Fun! Love the shimmery magnets!!

~ Kendra ~ said...

Fun! Love the shimmery magnets!!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Wow, your painting jumps right out at me. The shine is awesome.

Kianel said...

What a great idea and just love those beautiful shimmer colors!
Love from France, Kianel.

Creative Inspirations said...

Look at all that shimmer! Great idea Carole.

Kassi said...

what a wonderful way to brighten your day! They are so cheerful!