Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Monday, May 2, 2011

Creating Your Own Papers

Who always needs all those designer papers, especially when you have Creative Inspiration Paints?  Yes, I love paper like many people, but it is fun to create your own!

For this card I created all my own papers:

first stamped two swirls on the card stock and then used a cotton ball to sponge some different shades of brown Creative Inspiration Paints onto the cardstock.
I used "Tan", "Raw Sienna" and "Autumn Wheat". As you can see in the above picture I first dab the cotton ball on my scrap piece of paper before onto my good cardstock as I want to dab some of the paint off first so I don't get one huge glob of it in one spot.
I just love how it turned out:

Here's another close-up after the card was put all together:

The green embossed paper:
I used "Sage" and "Green Olive" for this piece.


Have a great week!

Kendra

8 comments:

Creative Inspirations said...

Great idea Kendra!

Dawnll said...

Such a fun idea Kendra!
blessings to you, Dawn ll

Kassi said...

what a fun card! great job!

Holly said...

I love your shimmery papers! Such a great way to jazz up the background of your cards. :-)

BarbaraW said...

CI really makes backgrounds great!

Kirei na Kami said...

FABULOUS!!!! CI Paints totally ROCK; and you totally rocked this wonderful card!!! I so love that adorable moose:)

Hugs!
Carolyn

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Kendra, this is a terrific card. Thank you for sharing how you created your bg.

Kianel said...

Terrific idea Kendra! love those backgrounds!
Love from France, Kianel.